Survey Design competition is national competition for geoscience student in Indonesia. In this competition, students must give the best management solution to some geophysical methods case study which is made in an exploration management proposal. This competition is divided in two session, they are online preliminary session and oral presentation session. Top 10 participants who are selected will become nalists and will present their proposal at ITS campus.
Optimizing role of geoscientist – Ef ciency to explore the energy
This competition will be held at Djelantik Room, Architechture, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya
Rules and Regulation
A. General Rules
1. The participants are Undergraduate student college from public and private university in Indonesia.
2. Each team consist of maximum 2 persons from same university.
3. Competition is divided in two sessions, they are online preliminary session and presentation session.
4. Top 10 teams who are selected will become nalist and will present their proposal to the judicators at ITS campus.
5. Further requirements and case study of competition will be announced after you register your team.
B. Online Preliminary Rules
1. In this session, participants are given geophysics acquisition design case study.
2. Case study is about interest target which participants asked to make exploration design proposal with the best method.
3. Participant free to choose methods and combine them to get the best solution from the problem
4. Top 10 participants will become nalists and will present their proposal to judicators in ITS campus.
C. Final Rules
1. Finalists are top 10 at preliminary session.
2. The nalists will present their proposal to judges at...
3. The nalists are required to make a presentation in PPT and Poster form (committee will only provide media such as projectors, LCD, sound system, and a pointer)
Font size : 12 Times New Roman in A4 Paper size, space 1,5.
Margin : 1,5”
Left : 1,5”
Top : 1,5”
Bottom : 1,5”
Right : 1,5”
The proposal should contain:
Cover should contain title, university logo, name of authors, name of university, and year
ii. LEGITIMATE STATEMENT
You can download legitimate statement in this link:
iii. SUMMARY (It is not Abstract)
The difference between resume and abstract: in summary there is no key word, and there is no result of research in summary. You just need to input background of problem, the goals, linked literature, methodology, and hope.
iv. CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
Write down the background reveal the description of the reasons raised the idea into writing.
Write down the problems of research.
Write down the goals of research.
1.4 Output Target
Write down the output of the research, ex: map of aquifer, etc.
v. CHAPTER 2 LITERATURE
Write down the linked literature, don’t forget to put the citation if it is needed
vi. CHAPTER 3 METHODOLOGY
3.1 Tools and Materials
Write down the tools and materials are needed, make it into table.
3.2 Research Methodology
Write down the steps of research, make the work ow of research, and write the variables if it is needed
vii. CHAPTER 4 TEAM ORGANIZATION, SCHEDULE, AND BUDGET FUNDS
4.1 TEAM ORGANIZATION
Write down the team of organization. Feel free to input many people and structures in your research but you need to think over the ef ciency and effectively of them in your research. Put the adviser in legitimate statement into ad viser in this structure of organization.
Write down the schedule of research, make it into table and speci c.
4.3 BUDGET FUNDS
Write down all of budget funds that you’re needed, budget in material and operational.
Write down the linked references.
Format of Presentation File:
i. The presentation le should be submitted on Technical Meeting in .pptx
ii. Author(s)’s name, title, and university must be attached on the rst page
Technical of Presentation:
i. Paper can only presented by authors
ii. The best 10 abstract have to attend the technical meeting
iii. The order of the performance will be drawn on Technical Meeting
iv. Contestants have to come 15 earlier from the presentation time
v. Total time to stand on stage is 30 minutes, with 20 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of question and answer
vi. There will be 3 judges and only judges are permitted to ask question of contestants
vii. Judges score each contestant, the score from judges are nal and can’t be debated
You must make a poster from your proposal and follow this template:
The winners will be announced on Gala Dinner. There will be three winners with respective prizes.
1. 1st place (IDR 3 000 000)
2. 2nd place (IDR 2 000 000)
3. 3rd place (IDR 1 000 000)
How to register
1. Prepare the required documents (as speci ed below):
• A scan of valid Student ID card of each participant
• A scan of transfer payment receipt
2. Go to the registration page at www.geosphere.its.ac.id
3. Upload the required documents in the provided registration form
Registration fee: IDR 100 000/team
Accomodation fee: IDR 350 000 / person (For quali ed team only)
Quali ed teams will receive the following facilities:
• Full transportation and accomodation in Surabaya (3 days 2 night).
• Certi cate.
• Gala dinner.
Payment can be done via transfer to 0536-8125-05 (Aisyah Fairuz S - Bank BNI)