Paper Competition is one of the sub-events in Geophysics Atmosphere 2017. It is an international scale event which national and international undergraduate students are eligible to participate. The competition aims to exhibit the researches in geo- science that have been done by the participants. It consists of two main stages: Abstract selection stage and presentation stage. In the former, submitted abstract will undergo a thorough selection. Once quali ed, participants should prepare for the following presentation stage.
The Role of Geoscience to Discover Energy
• Hydrocarbon Exploration • Geothermal Exploration • Mining
General Rules and Regulation
• The content of the paper must be related to the theme.
• The competition is aimed for undergraduate students only
• The paper should be made by one group, a group consists up to 3 persons from the same university • A total of ten abstracts will be selected to proceed to the presentation stage
• The competition will be fully conducted in English
• Each group is allowed to send max. two papers with different title
• The abstract should be submitted with minimum 150 words and less than 400 words
• The abstract must be written in English
• The abstract should include the following information:
a. Title of paper
b. Author(s)’s Identity (name, university, e-mail address, phone number)
It should contain the following information in this order:
A few sentences to provide background information on the problem investigated.
The major results presented in the paper; provide quantitative information when possible.
The author’s interpretation of the results presented.
• Final Summary
The major conclusions and the “big picture” implications.
Up to 5 keywords
Author(s) whose abstract is quali ed for the presentation stage are encouraged to submit the full paper consisting of a minimum of 800 words. Diagrams and supporting illustrations may be considered necessary to elucidate the subject of matter. The paper must not exceed 7000 words.
The whole paper must be written in English
The full paper should divide into the following headings:
• Title Page
• Author’s Information •Present address
• Keywords •Introduction
• Materials and Methods
• Discussion •Acknowledgements •References
a. Paper size : A4
b. Font size : 11
c. Font : Times New Roman
d. Spacing : 1,5
- Top (Abstract page) : 5 cm
- Top : 4cm
- Left : 4cm
- Right : 3cm
- Bottom : 3cm
Format of the Presentation file:
• The presentation le should be submitted on technical meeting in .pptx
• Author(s)’s name, title, and university must be shown on the rst slide
• The presentation can only be delivered by the author(s)
• Groups whose abstract is quali ed have to attend the technical meeting
• Presentation order will be drawn on technical meeting
• Participants have to come 15 minutes earlier from the presentation time
• Total time to stand on stage is 30 minutes, with 20 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of question and answer session
• There will be three judges. Only judges are permitted to ask questions to the presenter
• Decisions and the score from the judges are final
10 selected papers will be proceeded at Scopus indexed journals or ISBN journals.
The winners will be announced on Gala Dinner. There will be three winners with respective prizes.
1. 1st place (IDR 3 000 000)
2. 2nd place (IDR 2 000 000)
3. 3rd place (IDR 1 000 000)
HOW TO REGISTER
Prepare the required documents (as speci ed below):
• A scan of valid Student ID card of each participant
• A scan of transfer payment receipt (see Fee and Payment)
Go to the registration page at www.geosphere.its.ac.id
Fill in the required eld and upload the required documents in the provided registration form
Further information will be announced via email
FEE AND PAYMENT
• Abstract Submission Fee (Group)
Local students : Rp 100.000,00 International students : $10
• Accommodation and Services Fee - for quali ed groups only (Individual) Local students : Rp 350.000,00
International students : $35
Payment can be done via transfer to 0536-8125-05 (Aisyah Fairuz S - Bank BNI)
Receive the following facilities:
Full transportation and accomodation in Surabaya (3 days 2 nights).
• Certi cate.
• Gala dinner.